I’m reading a French book to Zoe and there is a group of hunters who are about to shoot some deer when the little girl warns the deer and they run away.
– Mommy, who are those men?
– Those are hunters.
– And what are they going to do?
– Well, they want to shoot the deer but the girl saves them.
– Mommy, that’s not nice.
– They are very mean.
– Mommy, do the hunters shoot rabbits?
– No! (Note: we have one at home). Only deer, and bears.
– Mommy but if they kill the mommy bears what happens to the babies? (Very anguished voice, about to cry).
– Oh no! They don’t kill mommy bears, that’s silly.
– Oh… OK…
PS: So, this is how white lies start, I guess…