Zoe, my 4 year old daughter, takes my cell phone and pretends to talk to somebody.
– Who are you talking to, Zoe?
– It’s Christopher.
– Who’s Christopher?
– He’s my boyfriend.
– Really? You have a boyfriend?
– Yes mom. Girls have boyfriends.
– OK… How old is he?
– Hmmm… he’s 7.
– And what does he look like?
– Hmm… he has short hair, and glasses like me. He looks like Joshua. Wait a sec.
(She goes back to the phone).
– I’m going to pick him up at 4.30 and we’re going to the pool, OK?
(And she’s 4 years old…)
Later she confessed that she doesn’t really have a boyfriend. Phew!